文法: Grammar a Day - Level 3 [ 〜か (ka-2) ]

〜か (ka-2) - whether, the question of (sub sentence question)


--- Examples ---
私が書いたかを問わず、(全て)「作者:あまつか」です。
Regardless of whether I had written it or not it's (always) 'Author :
Amatuka'.

おまえは・・・・俺が誰か知ってるのか。
You ... Don't you know who I am? [Lit: Do you know who I am?]

今度の出張はいつかまだ分かりません。
Regarding my next business trip, I still don't know when it's going to be.


--- Comments ---
Forms a 'noun phrase' a bit like の only here the meaning is like 'the
answer to [___]' (where [___] is the sub-sentence ending in か.
(contributor: Amatuka)

This entry is a little clumsy, I'll fix it up later -2 check for now.
(contributor: Amatuka)

Incidently, if that was
誰か 【だれか】 (n) (uk) someone; somebody; (P)
then I guess the translation would be
'You ... Do you know I'm somebody?' So I'm fairly confident it's '誰' +
this 'か' rather than the usual '誰か'. (contributor: Amatuka)

the grammar 「か」itself is a level 3, but these examples include many
other grammar items (お問わずetc). maybe difficult for people at
level3. (contributor: dc)

Is the following correct....
君が言うか問うわず、気持ちが分かります (contributor:
naren)

naren, It may be better 言うかを問わず. But I would say
君が言わなくても、気持ちが分かります。I can understnad
your feeling if you don'te tell me.
(contributor: Miki)

--- View this entry online ---
http://www.jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=ka-2


No comments:

Post a Comment