文法: Grammar a Day - Level 2 [ も〜ば (moba) ]

も〜ば (moba) - Both(,,,,)and(,,,,,)

--- Notes ---
This expression is used as positive with positive & negetive with negetive.

--- Examples ---
心から始まる恋もあればセックスから始まる愛もある
If there's love that starts from the spirit, then there is also love that
comes from sex.

嫌いな人もいれば、好きな人もいる。
If there are people who dislike it, there are also people who like it.

--- Comments ---
(N.B. First 'love' is different word from second 'love'. First implies
more of the bouncy-bouncy-fun-fun type ;-) (contributor: Amatuka)

Not sure this is the も〜ば you're after. (contributor: Amatuka)

I would have to also suggest that this も〜ば〜 does not exactly
translate as 'Both(...)and(...)' as written. But more like 'If there
is/are(...)then there is/are also(...)' like the translations of the
examples shown. Is that too complex? Shortcuts are ok, but I think it
confuses the real meaning of 〜ば. そう思わない?
(contributor: emilyjuno)

Isn`t this two diffrent grammar structures? Vば is if and 〜も〜も is
also. so if 〜も also 〜も
でしょう (contributor: tigert)

tigert, I am not sure i understand your suggestion. can you explain more?
(contributor: emilyjuno)

Hey emilyjuno,

What I ment is that Vば is a single grammar point.

EX
明日までに宿題を出せば 先生が満点くれるかも知らない。
If I turn in my homework, maybe the teacher will give me a 100%.

and 〜も〜も is another grammar point meaning also

今日僕は東京に行きました、姉も兄も一緒に行きました。
today I went to tokyo, my sister and brother also went with.

that being the case I think it is better to list these entries as examples
in their respective grammar points. That way we can save space in the
database and avoid multiple entries of the billions of diffrent
combinations you can make with the Japanese language.

(contributor: tigert)

--- View this entry online ---
http://www.jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=moba


No comments:

Post a Comment