文法: Grammar a Day - Level 3 [ 〜なぁ (〜naa) ]

〜なぁ (〜naa) - Emphasizes personal desires

--- Notes ---
〜なぁ Emphasizes the speakers personal feelings as supposed to 〜ね
which seeks confirmation from the listener.

明日は晴といいなぁ 
it would be nice if it was sunny tomorrow.
明日は晴といいですね
wouldn`t it be nice if it was sunny tomorrow.

--- Examples ---
冷たいビールを飲みたいなあ。
I'd really like a cold beer. / I could really go for a cold beer.

きれいだなぁ〜。
Oh, how beautiful.

冷たいビールをのみたいなぁ〜。
I want to drink a cold beer.

--- Comments ---
#5900 If this means 'are you going on a trip? I'm jealous.', J would be
either「旅行に行くの?いいなぁ〜」or
「旅行に行くのか。いいなぁ〜」. (contributor: Miki)

How do I change 'as supposed' to 'as opposed'?
I can't figure out how to edit that section (contributor: lou1sb)

--- View this entry online ---
http://www.jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=〜naa

No comments:

Post a Comment